Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sensational Spiders March 2010






These art works were created by painting a spider habitat of the child's choice onto an already underpainted piece of paper. On to the habitat each child drew a spider web with a gold or silver pen. The spiders were drawn onto paper that was cut into a stencil by an adult.
The spider was then printed onto the web.

All artworks were displayed in our Spider exhibition which was visited by
 many families and friends of the children.


Have  a look at http://kidsatkindy.blogspot.com for the context 
in which these art works were developed.

These spider art works are SORT of in alphabetical order according to their first name!





Amelia (Mimi) 3.11 mths
That's a gingerbread man. It lives in a spiderweb.
It's black, 10 legs. Spiders can move really fast.



Alistair 3.4mths
Spider Orange



Alexandria 4.11 mths


The spider’s made a web in the blue box and it’s standing on it up side down. 
Do you know what this is? 
This is the stuff that the spider makes a web with – it’s going down down down down. 
And here’s a little web that he made for the little spider and ….here’s the little spider!!!!
Can you see the fly caught in the web. He’s going to catch more flies.




Ahren 4.3mths

I painted a fence with a spider web and I drew a beautiful spider. Spiders eat flies.
Flies go into the sticky web then the flies get stuck and then the spiders roll them up and the spider drinks all the juicy bits out.



Ben 3.4 mths

It’s behind the branch. Spiders are black and they are quite scary. They have nine legs. They have long legs. A fly gets into the web and he eats it. There are small spider and big spiders.



Aryan 4.4 mths

My spider is on the web. The spider’s legs are on it.
It was in my garden - in my backyard, on a tree. He’s going to print it all around.



Anthony 3.1mths

I painted my new house – that’s where my spider is! He goes up up up and up.
He makes a web in a kitchen. He goes up to catch the buzzy bees.



Angelina 3.8 mths

My spider is building her web in New Zealand in the grass. She’s going to hatch an egg, a baby spider. These are the clouds and these brown bits are the inside bits of her legs.



Charlie 3.2 mths

In a tree. That’s the fly in the spider’s web. The spider is going to eat the fly’s eyeballs off. 
Then he ate the fly’s mouth. Then he ate the nose! Then he ate the spider web! 
And then he ate some trees! Then he ate the sky! Then he ate the brown mud!



Chanelle 3.0

My spider is in my sister’s Kindy’s rabbit cage.



Caleb 3.5 mths

He made his web by Australia. It looked a like an apple. He eats ladybirds.
He catches them with his legs. He uses nail clippers and puts them in his mouth.



Blaire 3.8 mths

My spider’s web is in Australia on a window. 
The spider is making a web. 
He wants to catch a fly.



Bethany 3.0

They‘re on the fence over there – make spider webs. 
They catch people and people can run away from the spiders. They eat lions.



Eashaan 4.7 mths

My spider is on the tree. He’s making a flower – he wants to catch flies.
He catches them in a web at Kindy.



David 4.1

Outside! Flies! Ocho! (Eight!)



Danielle 3.3

The spider is on a fence at Kindy.



Daniel Grant 2.2

It’s at Kindy!



Connor 2.8 mths

A spider …Incy Wincy spider up a wall! Honey!



Emma 3.1 mths

The spider did it in a big circle in a pond.



Emily C. 3.11 mths

They climb up trees. They get a spider’s web from their bottom. 
Then they climb up the web. 
Then they want to go in their home. 
They catch bees by catching them in their web.



Emily B. 3.5 mths

It’s on top of the tree in a giant’s house. 
He’s going to catch some bad bad bad flies and even some snails too and lions!
The spiders are little ones. They are over here in a little soft soft blanket.



Emily G. 3.11mths

My spider is on a tree house. The tree house is behind the spider on that side (right).
 The blue one is making a big fat web! The tree house is on the grass.



Eli 3.11 mths

I know about spiders because I drew that one. They look like spider habitats. 
They build them on a tree, on a fence, on a door, on a window and on a handle. 
They build a very big one to catch flies. 
Spiders eat them and take them back up. 
He wraps them around with his white webby stuff and eats them for dinner 
with his dinner plates.



George 3.10 mths

On a bush. They make a spider web – it comes out here (pointing to the back of the spider).
They wait for bumble bees. Then eat it.



Fraser 3.0

They eat strawberries! That’s my spider! That’s mine!



Finnbar 3.9 mths

They live in webs. They eat flies – they catch them in their spider webs.
They wrap them up and then they eat them up.
I’ve got 6 legs on my spider.
There’s no more spider webs on my gate.
Then the spider makes another web.



Fenton 3.9 mths

The spider’s made a web in the door. He’s going to catch an ant!



Eva 4.3

I’m gonna count the legs….13! That’s more than 8. This one’s got 2 eyes. The paper one’s got 6 legs. They catch flies in their spider’s web.
I drawed a fly – it spun up by the web. The spider will save it.
At my old house I saw spiders in my bath.




Harry H 4.3 mths

My spider made his web in the ropes down stairs where we get to the deck. There are three of them. They’re normal spiders. They eat flies and they have a little bug catcher to catch the flies and they have a little lever to pull it so the fly is trapped and they can’t get out because they are stuck! And when it is raining the rain gets on the web and it sparkles! They wrap it up when they catch it before they eat it and that’s all I want to tell you!



Harriet 2.8 mths

I got an H. I do long legs, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, - 5 legs! Spider webs!



Grace Q 3.6 mths

The spider wasn’t very good because he just made a web on my pens!



Grace H. 3.1mths

Flies. In his web.



Grace G. 3.2 mths

I see spiders in my bedroom. Mummy puts them outside and then they come on the table.
 The spots are on my bed (cover)!



Isabella G. 3.3 mths

The spider made his web in the window at home.



Imogen 4.6 mths

I know everything about spiders. I know that the red back spiders sting.
They have 8 legs. They have 8 eyes.
Desert spiders live on the desert. 
They don’t actually make their web from tree to tree, they build it on the ground so that if desert fly lands on the desert they run off their web and go and jump on the fly and put a little thread on it and drag it home on their thread.



Huzefa 4.10 mths

My spider’s web is in the tree at One Tree Hill. That’s the spider web and that’s the spider.



Henry 3.10 mths

They live in spider webs. They live in water. Spider webs go in leaves.
They live in the leaves on the ground.
8 legs, 2 eyes (are you sure?) yeah! 
Sometimes they have 3 eyes and sometimes they have 4 eyes!
I see a spider that got 7 eyes!
They eat spider food – ‘mato and spider tea!



Harry S. 3.9 mths

On my tree. A spider web. He’s bigger - the spider is bigger than the tree.
He catches flies in the spider web and then he eats it. He just puts it in his mouth.



Jakob 2.10 mths

They eat food.



Jack H. 2.5 mths

A pond. Two more spiders. They have arms.



Jack G. 4.11 mths

This spider is very big and this one is very small because this is a close up of the small one!


Where he’s made his web is in the corner of a wall.


These aren’t his ears up here – they are his fangs.



Ishwari 4.4 mths

The spider built his web near my sister! The big blue one is my sister!
My sister always loves me – but not spiders.



Isabella D. 3.10 mths

My spider made its web in the kitchen window. He wants to catch some cats and some trees. I like spiders, My mum likes spiders and my dad likes spiders and my brother.
I went on a bear hunt. I went on a plane too.



Joshua F.  3.1 mths

Spider’s have got little curved bottom things and they’ve got little legs that can crawl up the spider’s web. They have 3 eyes. They busy it up – then the flies can get stuck.
They can woosh in and get stuck in the web.
The spider eats him all up and then the bee can’t fly anymore because the spider ate him.
The juice comes out of his tummy and down his back.



Jordan 3.2 mths

It’s paint done all round, like sticks.
It’s got brown on it. It’s got a fence. His nose is not on.
Living up there. It’s a screen print!



Jessica D. 3.0

Sophie the spider lives in some flowers.
She makes a spider web. She eats flies and likes lettuce.
Some spiders are in trees.



Jessica S. 4.3 mths

My spider built her web on a fence at my house.
 I saw one crawling on the floor at my house. I ran away.
Spiders like to catch flies. They eat the flies.
I saw a nice spider on my drawer and it was my friend. I called it Rose.
I saw a spider outside in my garden he was looking for worms to eat and flies.
I found one on my trampoline and it wanted to be my friend as well so I called it Daisy.



James Liggett 3.7 mths

The Spider web is in the magnolia tree.
He’s going to climb up and go into there and go there and there!
They eat grass.



Kate J. 3.3 mths

The little circles are for baby spiders, they’re little baby eggs and they are going to crack into little baby spiders. And that’s their mummy. The spider web catches mosquitos.
The spider eats them. And that’s their web.



Kalani 3.5 mths





Kaitlin R. 2.7 mths

I’ve got one at home already.
I’ve got spiders on the wall.
They eat apples.



Juliette Kay 3.0

It’s an American spider!



Joshua R. 3.3 mths

The spider goes on the spider web, cos he lives there at the spider web.
Spiders don’t have a name – eats flies. They wrap them up with their hands in the air.
Then he sits on the web and it will be inside his mouth!



Layla Hamid 3.5 mths

A spider came to my window and then I’m going to see some spiders at the zoo.
Spiders climb!



Laith 3.10 mths

No that’s a crab because it lives in Australia. It eats spiders. Spiders eat everything.


Lachlan 3.4 mths

My spider web is in the roof of the house.



Kristin Kung 3.7 mths

Spiders live in spider webs! Black, these legs! On a window!



Katelin 2.10 mths

It’s mine – two.
It’s got two legs and a mouth and it eats flies – UM UM UM
I did a drawing see!





Millie 3.9 mths

It’s living in a gate. Spiders like gates. He’s waiting for an animal to come.
Then he will play with the animal and then he’s going to write down what his name is.
He wanted to blow away but he couldn’t,
because he has flat legs and spiders crawl on the ground.
He wanted to get another blow animal - it’s like a duck that flies or a bird.




Max 4.6 mths

The web and the spider is on the broken fence. Those spiders like to eat bones.



Matthew 3.11 mths

Spiders make their webs on fences and gates. They catch flies in it.
They eat them. They have 8 legs, 2 eyes.
I have some spider webs on my rocks on my driveway.
My one at my new house is hiding in the cupboard.



Madeleine Shaw 4.0

That spider is on my wall at home. He was making some spider webs.
He’s going to catch some flies to eat!


Leo 2.10 mths

I’ve got two spiders in my garage. They climb up a web.
They wrap things up and they eat them yum,yum.



Nikko T. 3.6 mths

The spider is going to live in the pond at the museum.



Nico P. 3.3 mths

I haven’t got a spider at home! 
They are pink and they have 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 legs! They eat flies.



Nico N. 3.4 mths

They build a web aye, because they have long legs.
I saw a web by my tree.



Nicholas 2.9 mths

That’s mine – that’s my one. In my garden. He catches flies.




Mya 3.8 mths

Spider!



Owen 3.4 mths

The grass and the flowers. Makes webs and then flies up.
 Catches flies. He walks on his 8 arms.
He gobbles them all up! He wraps them all up. I saw heaps of spider webs on the concrete.
Spiders climb on the web and climb up into the tree and hide.



Olivia 2.9 mths

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 legs. They live in the garden. They eat flies and they eat them for dinner.
We eat vegetables for dinner. They sleep in their webs.



Oliver 2.2 mths

Spider!



Niko M.3.3 mths

Spiders make their webs in snow.
They catch flies – they put them in their mouth.
He has 7 legs.



Rose 3.1 mth

They live in spider webs. They eat flies. 
Lots of legs..1,2,3.He lives in trees. He climbs.



Rohan 2.3 mths

One, two , three



Quinn 3.7 mths

The spider wasn’t very good because he just made a web on my pens!



Phoebe 3.1 mth

The spider web is in the tree. They like to eat flies.


That’s the spider and that’s the daddy and that’s the Phoebe.




Paige 3.2 mths

Spiders make a web.



Sol 2.2 mths

Spider!




Siena 3.1 mth

The spider’s web is in the window.
He lives in a mountain – he’s going to look at some shops I think, at the shopping centre.
He’s going to catch a silver window. He’s going to eat a doughnut!



Sasha 3.9 mths

The spider is on the Kindy gate. They live in spider webs. 
They live everywhere.They eat with those (palps).



Ryan S. 3.6 mths

My spider built his web on the trampoline at home.
The trampoline is blue. The spider web was THIS big and it caught flies.



Ryan M. 3.5 mths

A spider! That called the spider web.
The spider sleeping because the spider is tired.



Tayla 2.11 mths

The spider is under the water at Kelly Tartlons.



Theo 3.7 mths

The spider is in the sea.
Sharks are trying to eat him up, gobble him up and put them in their tummy.
He’s going to try to hurt the spider.
The Kindy people are going to eat.




Vishal Manikandan 2.11 mths



Willa 3.0

They live in house. They eat honey.
They look smelly in my house and on the car too.



Zoe Eglinton 3.10

He built his web in the garage.
He catches flies, then he runs up the web and the fly gets caught in the web.
The spider eats it up!




No comments:

Fale screen prints term 2 2008

As you scroll through these screen prints if you look carefully you can find elements of the Samoan fale the high curved roof to allow air to circulate and create a cool atmosphere, the posts holding the roof up, and if you're lucky you might spot a raised floor here and there.

Keep your eye open for some roofs decorated with tropical flowers too.

These screen prints were created by children age 2, 3, and 4.



The screen prints were created by making stencils out of observational drawings of small wooden fales.

Most of the children chose to do two layers of paint - sometime registering the stencils perfectly, sometimes choosing deliberately not to.

The art works were finished with adding details in black, silver or gold pens. They look great in real life!






Ahren L

Ahren L

Zayna S

Zayna S

Aaron Y

Aaron Y

Zara H

Zara H

Willow S

Willow S

William M

William M

Willem SB

Willem SB

Theo G

Theo G

Tessa L

Tessa L

Seth S

Seth S

lachlan T

lachlan T

Libby M

Libby M

Logan N

Logan N

Luca S

Luca S

Lucia BH

Lucia BH

Lucy H

Lucy H

Alex W

Alex W

Alex M

Alex M

Arman N

Arman N

Aryan R

Aryan  R

Ava

Ava

Blake

Blake

Huzefa N

Huzefa N

Imogen F

Imogen F

Iris H

Iris H

Isla M

Isla M

Jack B

Jack B

Jack M

Jack M

Jack G

Jack G

Jamie Z

Jamie Z

Jayman B

Jayman B

Jeremy D

Jeremy D

Jessica B

Jessica B

Jessica S

Jessica S

Joshua H

Joshua H

Brittany T

Brittany T

Brendan

Brendan

Brianna H

Brianna H

Chi Ching Y

Chi Ching Y

Caleb C

Caleb C

Callum W

Callum W

Charlie B

Charlie B

Christy W

Christy W

Claudia H

Claudia H

Claudia R

Claudia R

Dexter C

Dexter C

Eli B

Eli B

Eden C

Eden C

Ella M

Ella M

Elisha K

Elisha K

Emily A

Emily A

Kate G

Kate G

Emma L

Emma L

Frankie W

Frankie W

Fraser W

Fraser W

Fynn W

Fynn W

George C

George C

Gina S

Gina S

Harry H

Harry H

Hayden C

Hayden C

Hugo L

Hugo L

Kate R

Kate R

Sarah W

Sarah W

Sarah B

Sarah B

Samuel M

Samuel M

Samuel G

Samuel G

Sachin S

Sachin S

M Seymour

M Seymour

M Shaw

M Shaw

Matthew R

Matthew R

Max F

Max F

Micha D

Micha D

Nicole S

Nicole S

Lulu H

Lulu H